PADI Discover Scuba Diving
- Duration : 1 day (2 dives)
- Requirements : Diver must be 10 years old or older. Diver must have adequate swimming skills and be comfortable in the water. The diver needs to be in good physical health. Younger than 18 years old requires parental or guardian approval.
The PADI Discover Scuba Diving is the best program to experience diving for the first time. Try a dive in the sea !
• Diving mask (tempered glass not plastic) with snorkel
• Fins (closed or open heel with boot)
• Buoyancy control device (BCD) with pressure inflator
• Regulator with submergible pressure gauge (SPG)
• Exposure suit (depends on water temperature)
• Weight belt
• Scuba aluminum tank
Learning Materials :
PADI Discover Scuba Diving Participant Guide or by eLearning
COURSE OVERVIEW :
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you. While not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world. You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure.
How is the DSD Program done?
• The instructor will start with a briefing on the basics of scuba diving then you answer the 10 questions in the PADI DSD Participant Guide.
• The first dive is a confined water dive (6m max) that starts with some skills on the surface and underwater then continues for a fun dive.
• Between the dives there is a break and debriefing and briefing for the second dive.
• The second dive is an open water dive (12m max) that starts with some skills on the surface and underwater then continues for a fun dive.
• After the dive a debriefing is made and learning to log your dives in the Logbook.
Completing this Program does not provide you with a Dive Certification but gives you credits off the Open Water Diver Course. You will receive a code after completion for the credits that can be used within a year.