PADI Advanced Open Water course
- Duration : 2 - 3 days
- Requirements : • Diver must be a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver and 12 years old. • Ages of 10/11 years old may only earn Junior Advanced Open Water Diver certification. • You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. • Divers younger than 18 years old requires parental or guardian approval.
You don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification.
• Diving Mask (Tempered Glass not plastic) with Snorkel
• Fins (closed or open heel with boot)
• Buoyancy Control Device (BCD) with Pressure Inflator
• Regulator with Submergible Pressure Gauge (SPG)
• Compass and an inflatable signal tube (or DSMB)
• A dive computer or timing device and RDPML/RDP table
• Exposure Suit (Depends on water temperature)
• Weight Belt
• Scuba Tank
Learning Materials :
There are two options to choose your own material in various languages:
• Book: The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Manual (Book, RDP and RDP Manual) and 5 videos (To be watched through our Dive Center). Booth are to be finished upon course completion.
• eLearning: The PADI eLearning gives you the ability to start the course online before starting your vacation. Start reading and watching the video before you can start diving.
You can access your PADI eLearning through the PADI App or on web browsers on any device.
Our PADI Instructor will schedule time with you to check your progress and make sure you understand important scuba diving information.
COURSE OVERVIEW :
The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
You’ll plan your learning path with your instructor by choosing from a long list of Adventure Dives. There are two required dives – Deep and Underwater Navigation – and you choose the other three, for a total of five dives.
You will read the Adventures in Diving manual and watch the Adventures in Diving video in the course, you will get your materials from our Dive Center and our PADI Instructor will have theory sessions along with your Adventure Dives. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving.
During the Deep Adventure Dive, you learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving. The Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive refines your compass navigation skills and helps you better navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time. The other knowledge and skills you get vary with your interest and the adventures you have – photography, buoyancy control, fish identification, exploring wrecks and many more.
Sign up for Advanced Open Water Diver Online – PADI’s eLearning option – to get started immediately. The web-based system lets you learn about seven of the most popular Adventures Dives – including the required Deep and Underwater Navigation Adventure Dives, plus Boat, Night, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Underwater Naturalist and Wreck Adventure Dives. You study at your own pace through an easy to use, interactive program. You also have access to an online version of the Adventures in Diving manual and can complete sections for other Adventure Dives as directed by our PADI Instructor.