Emergency First Response course
- Duration : 1 day (Dry Course)
- Requirements : No requirements
The following EFR courses are based on internationally recognized medical guidelines for emergency care.
• CPR mannequin.
• First Aid Kit.
• Oxygen unit.
• Ventilation barrier.
• Gauze pads and dressings for bandaging.
Learning Materials :
There are two options to choose your own material in various languages:
• Book: The Emergencies First Response book and video (To be watched through our Dive Center). Booth are to be finished upon course completion.
• eLearning: The PADI eLearning gives you the ability to start the course online before starting your vacation. Start reading and watching the video before you can start diving.
You can access your PADI eLearning through the PADI App or on web browsers on any device.
Our PADI Instructor will schedule time with you to check your progress and make sure you understand important scuba diving information.
COURSE OVERVIEW :
EFR courses meet the CPR and first aid training requirements for the PADI Rescue Diver course and all professional-level ratings. Most PADI Instructors are also Emergency First Response Instructors.
• Primary Care (CPR) – This course teaches you the steps and techniques for handling life-threatening emergencies.
• Secondary Care (First Aid) – Because many medical conditions are not life-threatening and emergency medical services are sometimes delayed or unavailable, this course teaches you how to provide first aid that eases pain and reduces the risk of further harm. You’ll learn to assess a variety of injuries and illnesses and practice bandaging and splinting.
• Care for Children – This course allows participants to learn, practice and apply emergency care skills specific to helping infants and children with medical emergencies.
• CPR & AED – This course focuses on CPR training and teaching participants how to use an AED (automated external defibrillator).
• EFR Refresher – It’s a good idea to refresh your CPR and first aid skills every 24 months, and that’s what the EFR Refresher course is designed to do.